#TOGETHERBAND Launches the first affordable 100% recycled loungewear collection, #TOGETHERWEAR on Global Recycling Day

by Team Conscious Carma

18th March 2021 celebrates Global Recycling Day and marks the launch of #TOGETHERBAND’s 100% recycled loungewear collection, #TOGETHERWEAR. 

#TOGETHERBAND, the nonprofit campaign is powered by sustainable accessories brand, BOTTLETOP, with the aim of raising awareness and engaging 1bn worldwide with the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). 

Taking a pioneering approach to repurposing materials is deeply rooted in BOTTLETOP’s DNA. The brand launched with a bag design made from waste leather and upcycled metal in collaboration with Mulberry in 2002. Beyond its best selling signature collection of bags and accessories made from up-cycled tabs the brand created couture recycled BOTTLETOP garments for performers at the opening Ceremony of the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic games and launched the worlds first 3D printed waste plastic store on Regent St in 2017. BOTTLETOP is thrilled to now be launching the first affordable, recycled #TOGETHERWEAR loungewear collection for #TOGETHERBAND. 

The carefully curated gender-free collection features sustainable hoodies, sweatshirts, t-shirts and tote bags that are designed to raise consciousness of our route map for a healthy planet, the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) while inviting the fashion industry to move towards more circular supply chain management and use of recycled materials in product design at all costs. Available in black, white and dark grey, the #TOGETHERWEAR collection enables wearers to champion the SDGs while supporting select NGO’s that are carrying out critical work advancing the Goals on the ground through the #TOGETHERFUND.

The loungewear collection is crafted using 100% recycled yarns; 60% is made from recycled organic cotton collected from the textile industry – otherwise would’ve ended up in landfill – with the remaining 40% made from recycled plastic bottles (PET) collected locally to our production facility in India, which is powered by clean energy. When bonded together, these materials form a luxurious long lasting yarn. All products are certified under the Global Recycle Standard (GRS) and Organic Content Standard (OCS).

To ensure a fully transparent and sustainable supply chain, #TOGETHERBAND only uses GOTS approved dyes on its garments and when dying, uses less water also. All water discharge processes are certified to OekoTex 100 Classic I standard and conform to REACH, making them kinder to the environment. With all details considered, the packaging is 100% recycled and recyclable to continue its life cycle. 

Setting out to make high quality sustainable design as accessible as possible to all, the loungewear edit retails from £30 and is instantly recognisable with #TOGETHERBAND’s unique, illustrated #TOGETHER icon within the circle on the chest. A unique impact code and product details highlighting its support for UN Goal 12: Responsible Consumption & Production on the right sleeve along with information about the Goal that the colours in the design represent. 

The #TOGETHERWEAR collection retails from £30 is available at BOTTLETOP Regent Street and www.togetherband.org



BOTTLETOP is a British luxury sustainable fashion brand based in London. BOTTLETOP was launched with a mission to empower people and planet through sustainable design and creative culture.The brand began with handbags made from upcycled bottle tops in Kenya lined with leather offcuts and became international best sellers, supporting artisans and funding health education for young people in Africa.

They then discovered the beauty and versatility of upcycled metal ring pulls, and developed our signature chain mail fabric that makes up the BOTTLETOP DNA of today. They now have our own atelier and training programs in Brazil and Nepal and continue to source the finest sustainable and upcycled materials in challenged parts of the world.

The brand continues to support grass roots health, education and skills training projects through our BOTTLETOP FOUNDATION.

You may also like

Leave a Comment